Tuesday, December 21, 2010

rain

  It has been raining for a few days. I appreciate the rain. I enjoy the rain. Somedays it makes me feel happier; somedays it provides a explanation for my feeling dysthymic and lethargic. I experience the rain as a pleasant release of stress and pent up emotions. I suppose exercise provides a similar experience, but sitting inside and listening to the rain is much easier than suiting up in running shoes and spandex and convincing yourself to pound out a few miles on a treadmill in a sweaty, germ infested gym. Point is, I like the rain.
  Today my car battery died in the rain. My pants were soaked in the rain. My feet were cold in the rain. My car was cleaned in the rain. My mind relaxed in the rain.
  I think I need to plan to move north after school ends. North enough to experience temperatures with a range larger than 77-100. Or maybe the range is fine, I just want to shift it downward....maybe 45-70. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment